Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just a Quickie

OK, get your minds out of the gutter!

Thought I'd do a family update... Joe, our eldest, is in Grad School at WMU and is currently writing a full length play. I can't wait to read it! Keith is still at MSU and as a member of the Spartan Marching Band, will be heading for a nice warm bowl game on New Year's Day! Lucky kid.

Greg and I are no longer owners of Greg's Service! We sold off the building, land and the heavy equipment in August and were able to sell off some of the tools. Huge relief! We still owe some money, but not the crushing amounts we had before.

Greg is working as a mechanic in town, with the understanding that he can go part time when my hours pick up. Right now, the research business is like anything else - slow. But it should pick up after the first of the year.

Unemployment in Michigan was announced to be 9.3%! Absolutely ridiculous. The national rate is around 5%. And yet people still think that having Democrats in office will help. (sorry, see my previous post - opinions are all my own!)

I think that I'll also post an email I received. It's quite a well written piece about our new President-Elect and the Democratic majority they will enjoy.

So: What do you have planned for Thanksgiving? Going somewhere? Staying home and cooking? Hiding in the basement? Any special traditions that your family follows?

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! God Bless

No comments: