Sunday, June 28, 2009

TWITTER

Well, I'm trying something new: Twitter.

When I started my blog, I thought it was very cool, very new.

I was already an avid emailer, and used IM with ease. Hand written letters and cards were never my forte, but I could always type.

Then came MySpace. Interesting way to keep up with the kids, faraway friends and family. It was a good way to share pics, stories and rants.

Then I joined FaceBook. Now this was more my style! Real names, real updates for family and friends! I could respond to what others were posting and even chat if I happened to catch them online. My youngest son still won't add me as a 'friend' because he thinks it should have stayed a college only program... but I'm wearing him down. My friends are even divided by category: "Kids", "My Generation", "Family", etc.

So I keep hearing about Twitter. I'm bored last night, so I joined. Don't really understand the hype, but I get that you can send 'updates' via texting - which I'm not good at, and via the computer - which I am good at. (I'm sure Joe will find many gramatical errors in that sentence).

I elected to add Twitter to my blog (which isn't followed regularly, but I do know it's seen) and I may add the app to FaceBook. I haven't added my phone, mostly because I'd have to pay for each text message and until I get a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, it would take too long to update by phone.

Anyway, I'm not sure Twitter will be something I'll enjoy, or if it will just fall by the wayside... Either way, technology moves so quickly that the next 'New' thing will be months old before I catch on.

This getting old stuff is a bitch.

No comments: