Saturday, July 23, 2011

Back to the Diet!

This is the last weekend of my 3 weeks of  the 'Maintenance" phase of the HCG diet.  On Monday, I'll restart the drops.  I opted to stay with the synthetic version.  The price difference is just too much and I figure I lost nearly 20 pounds with them the first time through. 

I have enough drops for about a week or so, so I'll need to order some more to get through my planned 30-40 day long diet.  I already have my protein portioned out and frozen (4 ounces each) - steak, pork chops, scallops, shrimp, chicken and even some turkey.

I'll continue to eat 2 cups of an 'approved' vegetable twice a day - salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, greens, celery - just about anything green except peas, beans or the like.  Carrots and corn are also too high in sugars, so not allowed.  I do plan at least one or two 'corn on the cob' meals.  This is Michigan!

And fruit.  And apple, orange or some berries with each meal or as a small snack.  I may have to have a peach or two.

Water.  Lots and lots of water.  I've got a 20 oz bottle that needs to be consumed twice a day.  I have some flavorings to change it up and even on my 3 weeks off, I only had soda twice.  It's actually too sweet and leaves a funny taste in my mouth.  The occasional cocktail or glass of wine is not out of the question either.

This morning I weighed in at 173...so no change despite eating more and not taking the drops.  Maybe the 'reset' of my metabolism is actually happening!  Even though the diet promises a loss of 1-2 pounds per day, my previous experience was approximately 1 pound every 1-2 days.  I can live with that!  So in 30 days I would be thrilled with another 20 pound weight loss.  Being down to 153 in a month or so will make me VERY happy.  And of course, loss of inches is also a goal.  Gee, wouldn't it be horrible if I had to buy all new pants within the next month?

Starting Monday, Diet Day 1B, I will have 2 days of eating anything I want and taking the drops.  Starting Wednesday, Diet Day 3B, my caloric restrictions and food type restrictions will be back in place and then the real fun will begin.

Wish me luck!

No comments: