Friday, December 05, 2008

Still Waiting

Good morning...

Just waiting to pee in a cup. Yeah, it's drug test time. Every time you start a new job, join a new agency, look hung-over (lol), somebody says.."Time to pee in the cup". So it's my turn today. But just like my background check, it will be boring. Nothing to report. That's a good thing, but kinda makes you wonder....Am I missing out on something fun? Probably not, but still makes ya wonder. Nah - rather not risk it. I'll stay clean and boring.

Greg and I drove to Indianapolis yesterday. I had to renew my Indiana nursing license - in person. It's called a 'Walk-Through'. We literally drove 4 hours there and 4 hours back and it took about 8 minutes to hand over my ID, my Michigan license, and a check for $100 and have them print my new license. So one minute work for each hour in the car. Thank goodness gas isn't still $4 a gallon! As it is, we put 500 miles on the car (it already has nearly 200K miles) and spend $50 in gas, plus coffee, munchies and the parking meter. Actually, it was a pretty expensive day for a job I don't even have yet. *sigh*

So, now I have to get moving: Pee in a cup, pay the property taxes (yuck), pay the mortgage, get my TB test read (negative, thank you!), and get the lab results for all my immunization titers. And then email all of the above (well, not the pee) to the agency. Then sit with fingers crossed and hope I get the job. *double sigh*

Tomorrow I'm going to Chicago - you know, the annual bus trip with 40 women drinking jello shots at 7 AM... I'm going to look at all the decorations, fight crowds of Christmas shoppers and eat some really good food. I never buy anything there - way too expensive, but I do enjoy the trip.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

Ciao

No comments: