Friday, June 10, 2011

Diet Day 10

Ten days.  So far......................very good!

As of this morning, I am down a total of 11 pounds, and 8.5 inches.  I feel good.  People tell me than can tell I'm losing weight because my face looks a little thinner.  My watch is looser and my pants aren't super tight.

Occasional cravings aside, I'm not that hungry.  Today, for lunch, I ate about 2 cups loose pack fresh spinach with a little diced red onion, 4 oz of roast chicken and 1/2 a large orange cut up.  It made a wonderful salad!  Tonight's dinner is going to be grilled steak with onion and garlic, some celery and cucumber, strawberries with the other half of that orange will be my desert.

Last night I diced up an apple and sauteed it with cinnamon and spenda - Apple Pie without the crust!  It was wonderful.

I have some new ideas and I'm looking forward to shopping tomorrow for some healthy ingredients to whet my appetite.

Now it's not all sunshine and roses, though.  Hubby is trying so hard not to 'tempt' me that he's feeling deprived.  I told him that I can always find something to eat, even if it means a small cheat.  Controlling the portions and keeping to the types of food I'm allowed can be difficult but not impossible.  In fact, we're eating out on Sunday at my favorite restaurant and I plan on having fish and veggies and I'm sure that it will be delicious. 

I am excited and encouraged so far.  I think this diet will work and that I'll be able to maintain my weight when I'm done.

Wish me luck!

No comments: