Thursday, June 16, 2011

Diet Day 16

As of today, I am down 13 pounds but I'm just a little depressed.

I got new batteries for the digital scale and realized that my old analog was really, really wrong.  So even though I am down 13 pounds, my actual weight is higher than I thought I had started at!  The last time I went to the doctor (and we all know that their scales are messed up!) I weighed 189.  When I got on my old scale a month later (after giving up soda and a few other things) I weighed 170.  I figured that was probably wrong, but I could justify starting at that number because that's what my scale told me.  So a few days ago, I bought batteries for the digital scale and I weighed 176!

I have to admit it threw me into a bit of a funk.  In response, I cheated on the diet all weekend, gained two pounds and then, feeling bad about that, got serious again.  This morning I am back at 176 - still on overall loss of 13 pounds and I've also lost about 10 inches overall.  That's still an accomplishment.  I'm still pretty proud of myself. 

Now the next test.  I'm going on a business trip - leaving today and returning home Sunday night.  Sticking to the diet will be difficult at best.  I'll need to really watch my portions and calories as I may not be able to follow the strict food type restrictions.  I also won't have a scale, but I'm taking my tape measure.  So Monday morning, I should have lost 4 pounds or so.  I'll be thrilled it I don't gain!

So, wish me luck, say a prayer and maybe I'll be able to lose a few pounds - oh, and pass this certification test that I'm going to Nashville to take!  Certification means a bonus and a raise - if I pass!  That would be a really good outcome and may even make me happier to be on this diet.

Update to come next Monday....till then, fingers crossed.

No comments: