Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Diet Day 21

Didn't do as bad as I thought over my long weekend in Nashville.  I DID cheat.  I ate potatoes (very bad), I drank a couple tequila sunrises (very, very bad) and the last day, I had a piece of chocolate cake (I should be shot!).  But when I got up Monday morning and stepped on the scale, my total gain was 1.5 pounds!!!

So yesterday (Monday) I stuck to the diet and so far today I have stuck to the diet.  My weight today was the same as yesterday (which in almost the same as a pound gained in my book) but I expect that tomorrow will show a loss.

Anyway you look at it I've still lost 13 pounds and about 13 inches overall.  I'm halfway through this first phase which lasts 42 days.  In reality, I should be down 21 pounds or so by now, but previous 'cheats' and my trip have put the kabosh on that.  So, I have 21 days to go on this phase and my plan is to lose the 20-21 pounds I should lose.  That would be a total of 33-34 pounds which would be a total victory to anyone on a diet.

So as of today, I weigh 176 pounds (down from 189) and my total inches lost is 13.75.  My pants are loser, I have to use the second set of hooks on my bra and my watch moves on my wrist.

Do I miss soda?  Oh yeah.  Do I miss ice cream?  Definately.  Can I do without them?  YES.

Onto the second half of my journey with success in my sights!

No comments: