Friday, June 17, 2011

Diet.....on the Road!

OK - this is NOT working!  Everywhere I go, there is food.  Usually not what is 'on' my diet. 

Last night, nothing, not one single thing, on the menu in the restaurant at the hotel was even remotely close to my list of diet foods.  Even only eating small portions, the foods were all wrong.  Today, we had a provided breakfast.  The best I could do was a small yogurt and some coffee.  Everything else was fried, gravied or just plain carb-heavy.  I drank coffee with sugar, because I can't have nutrasweet and they didn't have any Spenda. 

There was a midmorning snack - muffins! 

Then lunch was a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomatoe (ok, that's better) with a pasta salad that I didn't eat and a huge piece of cake.  I only ate half - hey, it was wonderful! 

Then there was a midafternoon snack - cheese, crackers, fruit and cookies!  Had to have a couple of bites as I needed brain food by that time.  At least, so far, I'm not hungry enough for dinner.  But I did have two tequila sunrises.  OJ's good for me, right?

Nurses are closely related to pirrhana - we'll eat just about anything that isn't nailed down.  How do you think I got this fat in the first place!!??!! 

So, even though I am really trying, and I'm still taking my HCG drops, I'm pretty sure that there will be no weight loss this weekend - I'm just hoping I don't gain back too much.

On the bright side, one of my fellow students is now on the maintenence phase of the HCG diet.  She's lost a total of 35 pounds.  She's waiting the 6 weeks to start up again.  She told me that her biggest mistake the second time she went through the plan, she didn't drink enough water, so her weight loss was minimal.  The first time she went through it, she did lose the 1 pound per day.  The second time, it was about a pound every 3-4 days.  So it does work and she is the third person I've met who had done it and done it well. 

There IS hope for me - after this weekend!

No comments: